Monday, July 28, 2008

Movies I Always Watch: Part 1

Tonight as I was flipping around the stations and I stumbled upon The Rock, with Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery. I have seen it a million times, but you know what? I kept flipping back over and watching it. The Rock is one of those movies I will always watch if it’s on.

Some others? A Few Good Men and The Patriot, with Mel Gibson. If those movies are on, I may not sit from start to finish, but I always get sucked in and before you know it, I’ve seen it yet again. I just can’t help it.

Can anyone turn off A Few Good Men?
I want the truth. I can handle it.
I don’t think it can be done.

The Patriot always hooks me towards the beginning, when Mel Gibson ambushes the Red Coats in order to save Heath Ledger. “Aim small, miss small.” Once he goes nuts with that hatchet, I’m all done for the night.

Okay, I gotta go. I have get back to The Rock to catch the part when Nicholas Cage calls the guy “The Rocket Man” and launches him out of the lighthouse on a missile. I have to catch my favorite line in the movie, “He’s you. You’re the rocket man.”

To be continued…

1 comment:

Steve said...

I actually re-watched both "A Few Good Men" and "The Patriot" in the last two months, and you are so right on, man.